Vegan Banana Cake:
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 1/2 cups gluten free 1:1 baking flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups coconut sugar or organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1-2 cups vegan powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp dairy free milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x9 or 8×13 baking pan with parchment paper greased lightly with oil.
- Make the batter: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, sugar, vegan buttermilk, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract. Add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Pour the banana cake batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 33-35 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make the peanut butter cream cheese frosting: In a large mixing bowl, cream together the vegan cream cheese, vegan butter, and peanut butter. Add in the powdered sugar in 1 cup increments, using 1 tbsp of dairy free milk at a time to help achieve a super fluffy and creamy texture.
- Spread the peanut butter frosting onto your cooled gluten-free banana cake. I added some fresh banana slices to tie it all together.
- Slice and enjoy!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
This vegan, gluten-free banana cake recipe is SO good, I’m dreaming about it. The combination of light and fluffy gluten-free banana cake, topped with vegan creamy peanut butter frosting is absolutely out of this world. The cake is soft and perfectly balanced. The peanut butter frosting melts in your mouth, I can’t put my fork down!