WATERMELON ICE CREAM
Nothing screams summer like watermelon and ice cream! This creamy, easy watermelon ice cream can be whipped up in less than 5 minutes once your frozen watermelon chunks are ready. Perfect for summer, this sweet treat is healthy, refreshing, and vegan!
1 1/2 cups frozen watermelon
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or other milk alternative)
- tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp monk fruit
Prepare the watermelon
- Cut watermelon into small chunks, removing both the outer rind and black seeds (if there are any).
- Freeze the watermelon chunks for at least 4-5 hours, until fully frozen.
Make the ice cream
- Add the watermelon chunks to a blender with the almond milk.
- Scoop the watermelon ice cream into bowls for serving immediately.
- Blend until the watermelon has broken down and you have a thick, creamy consistency. Serve and enjoy!
- If you want to make this in advance, transfer your ice cream to a loaf pan or container and place back in the freezer.
- Let it sit at room temperature for ten minutes before scooping so it softens a bit, serve and enjoy.
Tips For Choosing a Ripe Watermelon:
Your watermelon should be sweet, red and juicy! Follow these tips for the perfect melon.
Large yellow spot. This is where the watermelon was laying in the field. Make sure the area of yellow is a decent size.
Hollow sound. Give your watermelon a good thump and it should sound hollow.
Dullness on the outside.The outside of the watermelon should look dull, not shiny. A shiny watermelon means it’s not ripe.
Lift the watermelon. You should notice that it’s heavy for its size, which means it has a ton of water in it (a good thing!).
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.